Monday, March 5, 2012

Simple Shirt Refashion

Hello everyone! It's such a beautiful day here, the sun is shining and the birds are chirping. Definitely the kind of day where you want to be super comfortable, so that's brings me to my newest tutorial for you all. It's a quick and simple shirt refashion. I promise, it's so easy!

 

All you need is an old shirt and a sewing machine!
  


I decided I wanted to take 4 inches off of this shirt. I tried to think of a way to make this easy to understand, but I'm not so sure I can, so let me explain it like this. Your shirt is two layers, so you would only want to take off 1 inch off both sides of both layers, so the 1 inch you mark will really be two inches. Hopefully, that was clear. Moving right along...
 

Turn it right sides together (inside out), pin it and sew it up. Don't forget to reverse stitch at the beginning and end of your seams to strengthen your stitch.
 

It's hard to tell, but I made a zigzag stitch right outside of my new seam to keep it from fraying.
 

And that's all there is to it! Now you just turn it right side out and put your newly refashioned shirt on and take a picture of yourself! Yay! Haha


See how it fits so much better now? I bet you're thinking of several things you could take in this way, I know I am!



Of course, if you have any questions or comments for me, please feel free to leave them below or on https://www.facebook.com/OhSewClassy

3 comments:

  1. Omg your a genius! You know how many shirts I have given to other ppl! Wow I am so impressed! And i love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! I'm glad you liked it!! And I love you too!!

      Delete
  2. Great idea :) Thanks for stopping by Blackberry Grove with your tips for my photo issues, I'll have to give it a go as it is driving me crazy! Good luck with the lace top...let me know how you get on!

    ReplyDelete